PAGADIAN CITY, Zamboanga del Sur (June 2, 2018) - The Philippine National Police (PNP) is set to recruit a total of 17,935 new Police Officer 1 (PO1) for the calendar year 2018 PO1 regular recruitment program nationwide, Police Official disclosed.
PSSUPT Romulo Cleve N Taboso, Chief, Regional Personnel Human Resources Doctrine Development (RPHRDD) said that the 17,935 quota is distributed to the different Police Regional Offices (PRO) and other Police units of the PNP. PRO-9 is allotted 700 for the regular quota exclusively for Public Safety Forces (PSF) in 1st cycle recruitment while another 390 intended for the Attrition quota in 2nd cycle recruitment for a total of 1,090 police recruits intended for the calendar year 2018.
PSSUPT Taboso added that the 1st cycle of recruitment is the Public Safety Forces (PSF) regular quota which is set to accept initial requirements on September 17, 2018 for a quota of 700. They are set to take their oath in July 2016.
On the other hand, the 2nd cycle is the PO1 attrition recruitment program, which will commence in October 15, 2018 with a quota of 390. The scheduled oath-taking is in February 16, 2019.
The minimum qualifications to become a police officer are as follows:
1. A citizen of the Philippines;
2. A person of good moral character;
3. Must have passed the psychiatric/psychological, drug and physical tests to be administered by the PNP;
4. Must possess a formal baccalaureate degree from a recognized learning institution;
5. Must be eligible;
– PNP Entrance (NAPOLCOM)
– RA No. 1080 (Bar and Board Examinations)
– PD No. 907 (CS eligibility to College Honor Graduates)
6. Must not have been dishonorably discharged from military employment or dismissed for cause from any civilian position in the government;
7. Must not have been convicted by final judgment of an offense or crime involving moral turpitude;
8. Must be at least one meter and sixty-two centimeters (1.62m) in height for male and one meter and fifty-seven centimeters (1.57m);
9. Must weight not more or less than five kilograms (5kg) from the standard weight Corresponding to his/her weight, age, and sex; and
10. Must not be less than twenty-one (21) nor more than thirty (30) years of age.
Applicants will also undergo and must pass the neuro- psychiatric/psychological screening, physical agility test, physical/medical/dental examination, drug test to determine their physical and mental health and the final board interview by the members of the PRO9 screening committee.
As this developed, the PNP is now accepting online application for initial screening and evaluation to the interested qualified, competent and determined applicants for PO1 thru the PNP Online Recruitment Application System (ORAS) website www.regular.pnp-dprm.com.
This ORAS is a web based and a central recruitment application system that simplifies the submission of accomplished PNP PO1 Application Form. Through this, it also addresses queries regarding the recruitment process.
For inquiries and concerns relative to the PNP Recruitment Program, you may email at email@example.com. chat at Facebook Page firstname.lastname@example.org or may visit the Recruitment Division of RPHRDD Office at PRO9, Camp Col Romeo Abendan, Mercedes, Zamboanga City. (By JONG CADION)